PhD candidate in Computer Science, University of California, Santa Barbara
- PhD, University of California, Santa Barbara. 2015 - Present.
- Master of Science, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater. 2012 - 2015.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Weihai. 2008 - 2012.
- Research on privacy problems in search and rank
- Google Tech Intern, Summer 2018, Summer 2019
- Yahoo! Research Intern, Summer 2017
- Shiyu Ji, Jinjin Shao, Daniel Agun, Tao Yang. “Privacy-aware Ranking with Tree Ensembles on the Cloud”, SIGIR'18, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, July 2018.
- Daniel Agun, Jinjin Shao, Shiyu Ji, Stefano Tessaro, Tao Yang. “Privacy and Efficiency Tradeoffs for Multiword Top K Search with Linear Additive Rank Scoring”, WWW'18, Lyon, France, April 2018.
- Shiyu Ji, Tingting Chen. “On Designing Collusion-Resistant Incentive Mechanisms for Mobile Crowdsensing Systems”, IEEE Trustcom/BigDataSE/ICESS, Sydney, Australia, 2017.
- Shiyu Ji, Tingting Chen, Fan Wu. “Crowdsourcing with Trembles: Incentive Mechanisms for Mobile Phones with Uncertain Sensing Time”, IEEE ICC - Mobile and Wireless Networking Symposium (ICC), London, June 2015.
- Shiyu Ji, Tingting Chen, Sheng Zhong, Subhash Kak. “DAWN: Defending Against Wormhole Attacks in Wireless Network Coding Systems”, IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), Toronto, Canada, April 2014.
- Shiyu Ji, Tingting Chen. “Crowdsensing Incentive Mechanisms for Mobile Systems with Finite Precisions”, IEEE ICC - Mobile and Wireless Networking Symposium (ICC), Sydney, June 2014.
- Shiyu Ji, Tingting Chen, “Incentive Mechanisms for Discretized Mobile Crowdsensing”, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications (TWC), 15(1), 2015.
- Shiyu Ji, Tingting Chen, Sheng Zhong. “Wormhole Attack Detection Algorithms in Wireless Network Coding Systems”, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), 14(3), 2015.